YvtW character placements for the Egypt Arc
Okay, I've done most of the research, and I've a fairly good idea of the Egyptian afterlife. Or at least enough sources to fake it. So now I've gotta figure out who goes where.
After agonizing over how to split the group again, I decided just to forget all that and have everyone one his/her own. If they manage to join up with someone else in the group, it'll be up to them (and me, as the narrator). Of course, at first I thought the Egyptian afterlife wouldn't be big enough to keep us apart for long. But then I found this quote: "In Egypt one person could have multiple afterlives - each different part of the person would be able to have its own existence after death..."
*insert evil laughter*
1) Elladan & Urd (they're the only ones together since she grabbed him and she's a goddess) will end up in (Khert-Neter? Neter-khertet? Field of Offerings?) Anyways, they end up right at the feet of the Egyptian gods, and have some fast talking to do. *g*
2) Elrohir will end up near the western horizon, so to speak. Near where souls of the dead get on the sunboat to go down into Tuat.
3) I'm going to put myself somewhere in an analogy of the pyramid of Khufu (Giza). Of course, since this is a other-world equivalent of the RL place, it'll be more like the Ideal Version of the great pyramid. (Half the reason I'm doing this is 'cause I'm the only one of the group who can get out of there without destroying half the place and ticking off the gods.)
4) Mattias is gonna be in one of the smaller sub-pyramids of the great pyramid analogy.
(Note: the above four placement all have some consequence in regards to the path the dead must take to reach the final afterlife/heaven. I'm assuming that because of Llwella's influence, we are actually allowed to take that journey without going through all the tedious prayers and paperwork.
The others, if they don't figure out what kind of prayers/papwerwork are going to be needed to take the journey, are going to be stuck running around the other-world equivalent of Egypt no matter how hard they search for the rest of us. Not that they know this, of course. I'll put other obstacles in their way. Of course, I might leave Mattias behind with them too. He's not really needed for this one.)
5) Whoever last complained about meeting too many huge animals on this afterlife jaunt is gonna wind up confronting the Sphinx. *eg* Though... I'm not sure what version of the Sphinx to use... the Egyptian mythology one? The Greek Oedipus Rex version? Or some made up version for the humor value? That'd be CBY, most likely.
6) That leaves the 3 FBH's. I'll need to come up with places to plunk them... Maybe I'll drop one of them into the Nile...