|tanithryudo (tanithryudo) wrote,|
@ 2008-04-28 18:12:00
|Entry tags:||china, family, photos, vacation|
Photos - Zhejiang, 4/15
Note: I'm not including pictures with people in it out of privacy reasons.
1. Bunny! This little furball belongs to the distant family relatives we stayed with in Zhejiang (浙江). The name is Beibei (贝贝), which in retrospect sounds like "baby" which is kinda accurate... XD
It's very cute, very domesticated in that it will let people manhandle it any which way, but not in the sense that it won't pee on you if you're holding it at the wrong time, as my grandfather found out. :P
2. The view from/of their balcony on the third floor.
3. The city of Jiande (建德). A small city in the midst of modernization/expansion.
4. A really really old tree that the city actually paid 3 million RMB (if I heard correctly) to relocate in order to build where it used to be...
5. The nearby Xinan River (新安江)
6. Some boats docked on the river mark places where in the Ming Dynasty, the Emperor/Imperial Court banished the remnants of nine families/tribes (of the same surname as in "九姓") to the river of which Xinan River is part of. They were only allowed to live on boats on the river, never to set foot on Ming soil or intermarry with anyone on the land.
7. On the bank of the river are several verses etched into the stone there. Some appear to be famous poetry. (Bigger versions of the pics are available if anyone wants to try and make out the words on them.)