|tanithryudo (tanithryudo) wrote,|
@ 2008-08-08 06:26:00
|Entry tags:||china, olympics|
Beijing Olympics - Opening Ceremony
Starts at 8/8/08 8:08 PM Being time. Which is 5:08 AM here. Which means I've been up since an unholy hour of morning to watch it live over SopCast. With its itty bitty screen. *sigh*
*stabs NBC* Freaking greedy, censoring, capitalist pigs.
- Those dudes in green are going to give me nightmares at work (cuz I know I'll be falling asleep all thru the day).
- Hong Kong still has its separate team apart from China? Huh. Izzat some kind of excuse used to let Taiwan have its own team too?
- The blinky lights on the giant floor scroll is a conspiracy to drive
us all me blind or into seizures isn't it?
- I wish the camera stayed longer on the dancer for the land portion of the silk road performance
- Lol at the athletes that had the Olympic logo tattooed to their face (I hope that's the removable kind). And the ones walking with video/phone cameras in hand pointed at the audience/court.
- Love the fact that we use people instead of a fence to mark out where the teams stand. It's cuz we have more people to spare and they come cheaper than would material markers amirite?
- WTF? Did I hear wrong or did they say Bush was the head of the US team's cheer leading squad? @_@
- I thought 美国 had 8 strokes? How did it end up coming after 俄罗斯 with 9? Or do I have the wrong character somewhere?
- Just realized I lack positive responses... I love the giant alien globe. My mom thought it was a giant balloon. Unfortunately the video screen was too small to really tell. But I know I saw acrobats running across it sideways.
- I like the first singing session (with the sort of operatic style). Especially the female singer with the nice sweet voice. Wait mp3 soundtrack plz.
- Yay fireworks. How many tons of gunpowder is in the air over the bird's nest now?
- I want those dresses too... including the ones worn by the human fence and the ones worn by the sign-bearers. And just for laughs I'll even take the male robes from the ancient China portion. Yeah I know I can dream.
- LOL @ half the Aussie team was on cellphone/earphone while walking down the isle. Or maybe the earphones were actually earplugs，iono. :P
- 1099 members on the Chinese team. XD Surprised they didn't try to make for 1088 or 1888. :P
- I had a url with a picture comparison but I can't find it anymore. But doesn't the Chinese team w/ their red/yellow uniforms look like 鸡蛋抄番茄?
- Just realized that the painting and crayons and all the previous show segments each was just part of an end picture. Nice.
- Too many speeches... -_- Yeah I'm gonna be late to work. But I already told everyone that days ago.
- Just realize it's almost midnight in China now. I wonder if that's their excuse for not having real doves? Or they're afraid the fireworks would roast them from the air. Or maybe the dove shipment ended up on the dinner menu instead. Hehe.
- Yay torch (I guessed right there would be 8 ppl before it). Yay fireworks...that's a lot of gunpowder pollution LOL.
EDIT to add:
linky w/ pictures
<<春江花月夜>> is the song I want.