Alternative Destiny series
Title: Fall of a Goddess (outline) Series: Alternative Destiny, following Fandom: Stargate SG-1 Genre: Time Travel / AU Rating: PG Summary: SGC is contacted by the advanced world of Javabli, who are interested in negotating technologies with the leaders of Earth. However, it soon becomes apparent that the planet and its people are not what they seem.
Fall of a Goddess
Stargate Command, August 1997 CE
- Briefing room. - Recap: SGC was contacted by the Javabli, who are an advanced race exploring the stargate system and say they're looking for the First World - SG1 went to check it out is reports the planet to be an abandoned Goa'uld world with rich mineral deposits (naquadah and trinium) - Sam thinks they're advanced because of having more Goa'uld tech to reverse engineer (unlike the Galarans who only had the memory device); could be good to have that info - Hammond is concerned they might be like the Galarans in more ways than one and wants everyone to be cautious in case they have an ulterior motive - SG1 did note that the natives did seem to be a bit off - Daniel thinks they can't go around treating every possible ally suspiciously; also curious about which Goa'uld the planet served - SG-1 says they want to negotation with the human leaders - Hammond sends SG-1 back with Jack, Daniel, Sam - but tells everyone to be on their toes
- The natives throw a party for the three newcomers, and are more interested in making nice with the Terrans than talking about negotiations - Sam tries to talk to several of them about their tech, but discovers that they really don't know much about it and are totally BSing - she goes and tells Jack that the natives aren't as advanced as they say they are, which is suspicious - at the same time, Daniel reports over the radio that he's translated the Goa'uld text around the place and has figured out that their Goddess is Hathor - Jack calls SG-1 on the radio and tells them they're immediately returning to Earth; however the three male members of SG-1 turns on them at the gate - Sam realizes the incense at the party is nish'ta - the three of them are taken to Eskal/P4Z-326 and thrown into a cell - Hathor shows up and says she needs intel and Destiny in order to rise up in power again - uses nish'ta on the men; Daniel is affected while Jack just pretends to be
- just as they're worried about the delayed check in, the lone female member of SG-1 makes it back while under fire - reveals that the male members of the team fell under some kind of alien control; reveals it was a trap by Hathor; she was able to spot the address of the planet they were taken to - SG-2 (Kawalsky) immediately volunteers for rescue - Hammond assures them he'll do everything possible for the missing men; and goes to inform the Pentagon - he comes back to say that the President has authorized the rescue mission as well as surgical counterstrike against Hathor - another two F-301 shuttles and additional support are being flown in while the Antarctic gate is being wired up to send in further ground forces - reinforcements will be there within the hour; meanwhile they need to debrief Drake & Daniel to find out everything they know that can help the op
- Jack, Drake, and Daniel are being questioned by Hathor. Jack is trying to give her misleading answers but the rest info from the rest of the people are making Hathor suspicious - Jack finally takes the chance to grab the stunner from Drake - dodges a zat from Hathor's handmaiden which strikes Drake and stuns Daniel, thus breaking both out of the brainwashing; he's then tossed aside by Hathor's hand device and stunned himself - Hathor is furious and has them all thrown back into the cells while she goes to prepare a symbiote that will ensure their cooperation - on the way out Drake wakes up and tries to attack Hathor, but is killed by his own team members
A few hours later
- A small contingency of Jaffa are guarding the Eskal gate - they turn as the gate suddenly activates - a bunch of flash grenades come flying through, blinding the Jaffa; mixed in the barrage are a bunch of Destiny probes, which veer off in all directions after coming through the gate - After the initial barrage, there is a long pause with nothing coming through the gate while the Jaffa recover - the leader sends someone to report to First Prime Tu'rof (Trofsky), but they are suddenly all struck from above/behind by a giant zat blast - on the cloaked shuttle Will-o'-the-wisp, Kawalsky first verifies with Destiny that it has achieved cloaked orbital dominance due to lack of Ha'taks in the system - Hammond on Destiny verifies plan A - Kawalsky forwards the go ahead across the wormhole; two other cloaked shuttles head off to Hathor's base to drop off their passengers as close as they can due to the shields - SG-3 + 4 female SG team members come through the gate; strip off the serpent guard armor - SG-3 take the place of the guards while the women are their "prisoners" - they go in asking where the rest of the prisoners are and are taken to the prison here Sam and SG-1 are being held, before suddenly turning on the rest of the guards and breaking the captives out - Sam reveals that Hathor has just taken Jack away to be implanted by a Goa'uld - SG-3 reports in their situation to Destiny - Hammond verifies they have a life reading on Jack's position and Delta Force is on it; the rest of them are told to see if they can take out the shield unit on the base, since they have Sam and Daniel with them - meanwhile they start hearing explosions outside
- Back at the gate, Tu'rof has brought out the staff cannon towers and is trying to get a shield onto the gate - his people are being pinged by sniper fire and shots coming from thin air while trying to return shots randomly into surrounding area - one of the canon shots get lucky and take out a cloaked shuttle - the two remaining shuttles decloak and turn on shields, concentrating their fire on the staff canon towers and killing all the operators - two more shuttles drop down from Destiny to help the fight - meanwhile the gate activates again in comes further ground support units - another message comes over from Sam saying that she and SG-3 have deactivated the shields of the main compound
- Meanwhile, Hathor returns to the room angry that her First Prime is dead and they lost the control of the Gate - Jack taunts her while she is about to implant him with a symbiote - just then, the room is stormed by Delta Forces - Hathor uses her hand device to project a shield to protect herself and pin the rescuers outside the door - her handmaiden surreptitiously frees Jack, who pulls his (extra, nonstandard) boot knife and attacks Hathor from behind, getting past her shield and stabbing her symbiote through the neck - the Delta team comes through and the handmaiden surrenders, claiming she's a Tok'ra who is also an enemy of the Goa'uld - Sam and SG-1/SG-3 shows up; they report in with Hammond on the Destiny - Jack reports that he's ok, though he agrees to a full checkup via SGC infirmary and a scan from Cimmeria's Hammer; also reports that Hathor is dead - Hammond informs them that although the Jaffa are fighting to the last man, they have air and orbital control, and the fight is going their way; there ought to be plenty of captured tech as well, and with Hathor dead, Earth might well take over the planet for their own base
Notes: 1. According to the air dates, it took about 16 months for Hathor to presumably start building up her forces and make a play on SGC. I've kept that time frame here, since she escaped earlier than in cannon. 2. It made no sense in the show that Hathor could have a mature symbiote in just over a year, so I'm guessing she artificially aging it somehow, possibly using tech scavenged from Nirriti. It doesn't matter whether or not O'Neill gets snaked anyway, since SGC in this timeline has the means to get it out. 3. Hathor did not appear to have air superiority in the show, so what little space capability she had was either not on that planet at the time, or she probably hasn't rebuilt any ships within a year yet.