|tanithryudo (tanithryudo) wrote,|
@ 2012-04-26 10:25:00
Smart phones are awesome things. I don't deny that. What I hate is the kiddies on Chinese forums who post stories on baidu with their smart phones - one sentence per post. Often with many double-posts depending on connectivity and double-clicking. Needless to say, these are very painful to read.
Also, these are kids who self-confessed to be doing this (reading and posting to forums) on their phones in the middle of class. Really? Really? Has the quality of Chinese schools/education taken a drastic dive from what I'm familiar with? (I feel old now.)
And while I'm on the subject of ranting about Chinese fanfic authors, the amount of copycats and general lack of creativity is just so depressing. It's pretty much to the point where you can predict any number of things that will happen in a newly posted fic. I'm speaking more specifically for the Bao Lian Deng fandom, but I bet it could apply else where...
Memes I've grown tired of:
* Erlang will be severely wounded/killed/mostly killed at Mt. Hua, despite the fact that in the actual canon he had a happy ending. Why do people bother remaking the ending of the canon show into the tragedy it never was even when they are trying to make a happy-ending (or even comedy) fic? Why?
* The heavenly gates (南天门) is the second most heavily featured casualty, being smashed/spliced/splitted open any number of times by the usual suspects here to avenge Erlang.
* The 12 disciples of Kunlun/昆仑十二仙 will be out collectively for blood, despite the fact that the actual canon only showed the two of them as having anything to do with the outside world and neither being all that buff (power-wise) as to be a valid threat.
* The Jade Emperor & Empress are sekretly good guys, even though the canon has stomped all over their characters beyond much hope of recovery...Either that or they are still bad guys but are now sekretly 10000x more competent than they were in the canon.
* If it's a crossover, then the sliver of consciousness Erlang used to manipulate Ding Xiang will reincarnate into Zhan Zhao (75) or Li Qunhuan (小李飞刀) or another character played by the same actor.
...Etc and so forth. *sigh* Now I remember why I left this fandom last time...