|tanithryudo (tanithryudo) wrote,|
@ 2015-07-11 00:07:00
|Entry tags:||guild wars|
GW2 Beta initial thoughts
1. Revenant damage needs to be scaled up a bit. Feels weak most of the time. In order to kill at a rate I consider normal, I had to have a full zerker everything plus food & sharpen stones...total of 2500 power stat. Or full carrion + scavenger rune + rampager weapons & sinister trinkets + food/tuning crystals...total of over 1300 condi dmg. All to get to a level that my...ranger, for instance, can do with a mere 2.1-2.2k power.
2. Lack of mobility. No ovbious source of swiftness, no gap closer skills, no passive speed buff. Every other class has at least 2 of these. Revenant however has no skills on weapon or utility that gives unconditional swiftness, no source of passive speed buffs, and no unconditional leaps/teleports. The only thing on Rev that I've found is to blast the brick road (light field), but that is difficult to do in the middle of running.
3. The drops on the staff, both traited and untraited, are way too fiddly. The randomness of where they appear is also bad. You don't want your allies to have to move out of position just to pick up minor buffs. Honestly the whole mechanic should be scrapped and just go with a simple pulse effect on nearby allies.
Similarly, hit boxes on line attack skills need to be improved too. Many times I've hit mace 2 next to a mob (that has reached me already due to how slow it casts) and it did no damage. As attacks, the hit boxes on these skills need to be more in line with lava font than temporal curtain.
4. Ventari skills are underwhelming. Way too...pigeonholed. Pretty much all its util skills do is heal or remove condi. Compare to water ele in healer role - the ele will also apply vulnerability and chill, and do some decent damage on staff/dagger 2. Staff guardian healer will also buff 12 might, do decent aoe dmg with symbol, and control enemy movement. Ventari sucks at utility despite being the support legend and needs to offer something to the fight other than pure heal/cleanse.
5. Mallyx skills have too many conditional qualifiers for its effects. Makes them too hard to understand and thus use. I get the feeling its meant more for pvp or something, but it still needs to offer some bare minimum contribution to pve.
6. Traits are underwhelming. If one trait line means the difference between decent damage and dinky damage, then you're doing it wrong. Ele can do decent damage even if they don't spec fire or air. Ranger can function just fine without marksmanship. Mez without domination or illusion. Most other classes have maybe one bad traitline but all the other specs will have some things to help kill things, plus usually 2 'damage specs'. Revenant should not be depending on one spec line to fight well.
Also, needs more synergy within the spec line, with the weapons... or with the profession mechanic. Thief has many many traits to improve initiative. Necro has traits to improve life force. Ele has traits to add effects onto attunements. Where are the energy management traits for revenant?
This entry was originally posted at http://tanithryudo.dreamwidth.org/449730.h